Sunday, January 26, 2020

PQ Mystery Quilt Along "almost" finish

This years Project Quilting Mystery Quilt Along started and I didn't know what to expect. It started out innocent enough, but as the clues came it was clear that the project would not be small. Due to other quilty obligations, I knew that this was one project that would be completed late. Completed it would be because I also had a plan to combine it with last year's mystery quilt to make one quilt big enough for donating yet another to Project Linus, Madison Chapter by the end of the year. 

Here is this year's PQ Mystery quilt top:


Those spools on that shelf are quite wide! I will need to do a bit of filling in around last years top to get the width. It will be fun picking the fabric as I used all the background fabric I had for the spools. I thought it would be fantastic to make a throw-sized quilt from both projects while putting everything "PQ" together. Sew much fun! 
Here is the first mystery top:


If you participated in either year of Kim Lapacek's Project Mystery Quilt Along leave a comment on what you did with your top. Table runner, lap warmer, pillow, or still undecided? I would love to hear from you.

As always, keep quilting!
Fawn

No comments:

Post a Comment