Sunday, February 23, 2020

"Chickadees" for a quick finish!

Challenge 11.4 was announced for week four of Project Quilting and I thought I had a great plan...


...when I realized I needed one more fabric at minimum and a LOT more than a week. This project is being saved for another day because now it has direction due to the Birds in the Air block. 

Back to the drawing board. I wanted to stick with making the block because if you make one, you truly have the makings for two. Now to decide if I want a mini, mugrug, or something else? Looking at my stash, I found the perfect fabrics for a pair of bird themed mugrugs and got to work. 

I got all my fabrics starched and cut.


Then I worked on the very quick and easy assembly of each block.


Next was sandwiching for a simple stich-in-the-ditch quilting.


Finally, I trimmed, squared and added the binding for final touches. 


While I love these, this fabric was always gotten with the intent to make something as a gift for a certain someone in my life. There is plenty of fabric left to make more variations for a set of mugrugs to be made and sent as that gift I always intended. Win-win!

These mugrugs are called "Chickadees", made in Arlington, WI, and measure 6 1/2" × 6 1/2" each. I am looking forward to playing with this block more in the future. Thanks for the wonderful challenge Kim & Trisha!

As always, keep quilting!
Fawn

1 comment:

  1. Your set of mug rugs made for a great challenge project. I'm sure they will be a welcomed gift, as well!!

    ReplyDelete