Monday, November 18, 2019

How I got started

Luckily, a few years ago my mom invited me to attend the Quilt Expo (now called the Great Wisconsin Quilt Show) in Madison, WI. I was hooked! There I bought my first fabrics and pattern. See below the quilt that started it all. Fishing Frogs from Attic Quilts is the name.

While working on that particular pattern I discovered mistakes in the instructions that brought me along another path - pattern testing. Here are a few of my test quilts from working with Patterns By Jen whom I knew first as a fellow childcare provider. Check out her link for more quilty fun and a link to buy the patterns below and more.

Mod Squared by Patterns By Jen

Twisted Flight by Patterns By Jen

Criss Crossing by Patterns By Jen

I enjoy working with Jen's patterns as they are beginner friendly, yet you can easily make them advanced as I did with Friendly Flight. Criss Crossing has also been customized. Taking on testing for Jen allows my skills to grow and creativity to flow.

In the next post we will visit some of my quilty fails. Some are personal projects and others are parts of challenges. Are they really fails? All are part of learning.

How did you get your start in quilting? Let me know in the comments.

Keep quilting!
Fawn


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the blogging world! I'm excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!I am excited to be here and take this leap!

      Delete